ACLS Leading Edge Fellows
- Since 2020, the program has placed 75 recent humanities PhDs with nonprofit organizations across the United States, including American Friends Service Committee, Common Justice, Hunger Free America, and Black Girls Vote. Learn more about the hosting experience here.
- ACLS provides a stipend of $65,000 per year for fellows , to be administered through the host organization, and provides up to $8000 to defray the cost of providing employee benefits to the fellow.
- Host organizations provide fellows health insurance and other applicable benefits, pay the requisite taxes associated with having the fellow on payroll, and other costs associated with hosting a fellow, including necessary equipment and resources.
- Host organizations provide supervision and additional mentorship for fellows; ACLS offers peer mentorship and other professional development resources.
- Host organizations fully integrate fellows into their workplace as colleagues, offering them a portfolio of significant responsibilities.
- Deadline to submit initial letters of inquiry to host a 2023 Leading Edge Fellow: October 3rd, 2022.
- This program is made possible by the generous support of The Mellon Foundation.