K-12 Career Webinar
Monday, February 14, 2022 | 4 PM EST
ACLS will offer a virtual presentation for PhDs and graduate students to learn about teaching roles in K-12 schools during a Q&A with people representing K-12 independent and public schools.
We hope this will prepare anyone interested in applying to K-12 independent and public schools for Fall 2022 teaching roles, which are advertised primarily in winter. Teaching at public schools is a less immediate option because of certification and degree requirements which vary by state, so most of our panelists teach in independent schools, which don’t require certification.
- Juan Carlos Aguirre, PhD; English Teacher, Collegiate School, New York, NY; Adjunct Instructor, NYU Opportunity Programs
- Susan Bree, PhD, Classroom Teacher and Curriculum Coordinator, World Languages, Croton-Harmon High School, Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- Liz Fernández, Administrator, New York State Association of Independent Schools Job Fair and Principal Consultant, JONES
- Katie Holt, PhD, History Department Chair, Emma Willard School, Troy, NY
- Tinia R. Merriweather, PhD, Ethics Department, Ethical Culture Fieldston School, Bronx, NY; Adjunct Instructor, Department of Applied Psychology, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, New York University
Resources of Interest:
Independent School Job Listings and School Information
- Association of Independent Schools of New England Careers
- California Association of Independent Schools Careers
- Independent Schools Association of the Central States Careers
- National Association of Independent Schools Careers
- New Jersey Association of Independent Schools Careers
- New York State Association of Independent Schools Careers
- New York State Association of Independent Schools Job Fair to Promote Diversity (February 26, 2022)
- The Association of Boarding Schools Careers
To learn about international teaching roles at independent schools, refer to this NAIS article.
Charter School Job Listings
Public School Job Listings
- SchoolSpring (Public School Teaching Careers)
- The New Teacher Project (teacher training for public school careers)