K-12 Career Webinar II
Following the success of its December 2021 webinar, on Monday, February 14, 2022, ACLS presented a second virtual discussion for PhDs and graduate students on teaching roles in K-12 schools during a Q&A with people representing K-12 independent and public schools.
Thank you to our panelists:
- Juan Carlos Aguirre, PhD; English Teacher, Collegiate School, New York, NY; Adjunct Instructor, NYU Opportunity Programs
- Susan Bree, PhD, Classroom Teacher and Curriculum Coordinator, World Languages, Croton-Harmon High School, Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- Liz Fernández, Administrator, New York State Association of Independent Schools Job Fair and Principal Consultant, JONES
- Katie Holt, PhD, History Department Chair, Emma Willard School, Troy, NY
- Tinia R. Merriweather, PhD, Ethics Department, Ethical Culture Fieldston School, Bronx, NY; Adjunct Instructor, Department of Applied Psychology, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, New York University
Resources of Interest:
Independent School Job Listings and School Information
- Association of Independent Schools of New England Careers
- California Association of Independent Schools Careers
- Independent Schools Association of the Central States Careers
- National Association of Independent Schools Careers
- New Jersey Association of Independent Schools Careers
- New York State Association of Independent Schools Careers
- New York State Association of Independent Schools Job Fair to Promote Diversity (February 26, 2022)
To learn about international teaching roles at independent schools, refer to this NAIS article.
Learn about charter school job opportunities here.