With a contribution to ACLS, you support the research of scholars across the nation and around the world. This research enhances our knowledge and understanding of history, culture, and ideas. You may wish to give to ACLS to honor a friend, mentor, or loved one. Consider pledging a monthly donation or remembering ACLS in your tax or estate planning. Every gift makes a difference. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
- The ACLS General Fund supports the work of ACLS overall.
- The ACLS Fellowship Fund directly benefits our fellows. Donations to the fund have allowed us to augment the endowment devoted to fellowships and the number and size of fellowship stipends. Since 1997, stipends have increased from $20,000 for all professorial ranks to the current range of $35,000 to $70,000.
You may also direct your contribution to an ACLS named fund:
- The Frederic E. Wakeman, Jr. Fellowship Fund supports fellowships in Chinese history.
- The John H. D'Arms Fund supports the ACLS Fellowship Program and initiatives identified with D’Arms’s leadership in the humanities.
- The Oscar Handlin Fellowship in American History is awarded each year to an outstanding project.
Making a gift of securities is both simple and tax efficient. Gifts of appreciated stock may allow a donor to avoid capital gains tax in addition to receiving an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the stock. To initiate a gift of stock, we ask that you follow the instructions on the Stock Transfer Form. Please email or fax (212-573-9704) a copy of the completed form when the transfer is made with your broker.
If you would like to discuss including ACLS in your estate or tax planning, or have any other questions, please contact Kathleen Heins by email or telephone at 646-485-5951.