Interested in US Foreign Policy on Nuclear Arms?
ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB), the online collection curated by scholars, offers award-winning titles, including:
- Deterrence in American Foreign Policy: Theory and Practice, by Alexander L. George & Richard Smoke (Columbia UP, 1974) Winner of the Bancroft Prize
- Strategic Deception: Rhetoric, Science, and Politics in Missile Defense Advocacy, by Gordon R. Mitchell (Michigan State UP, 2000) Winner of James A. Winans-Herbert A. Wichelns Memorial Award for Distinguished Scholarship in Rhetoric and Public Address
- A Preponderance of Power: National Security, the Truman Administration, and the Cold War, by Melvyn P. Leffler (Stanford UP, 1992) Winner of the Bancroft Prize and Herbert Hoover Book Award
- Atoms for Peace and War, 1953-1961: Eisenhower and the Atomic Energy Commission, by Richard G. Hewlett, Jack M. Holl (University of California Press, 1989) Winner of the Richard W. Leopold Prize
- Elements of Controversy: the Atomic Energy Commission and Radiation Safety in Nuclear Weapons Testing, 1947-1974, by Barton C. Hacker (University of California Press, 1994) Winner of the Richard W. Leopold Prize
For a complete title list, please email email@example.com.